Technician - Diagnostics and Quick Services
About The Swatch Group
The Swatch Group is an international group active in the design, manufacture and sale of finished watches, jewellery, watch movements and components. Swatch Group supplies components required by its 18 watch brands which include OMEGA, Longines, Tissot, Swatch and Flik Flak.
Based in our Glen Iris workshop, this full-time position is responsible for high volume, quick watch repairs (battery changes and link adjustments) and some diagnostics.
As a result, we require a candidate who has high attention to detail, is calm under pressure and can multi-task.
Training provided to candidates with no experience in basic watch repairs and diagnostics, but who have a willingness to learn, good dexterity and a passion for watches.
- Quick repairs (quartz testing, battery replacement, cleaning, link or strap adjustments)
- Partial services (cleaning, replacement of seals, crowns, pushers, battery and additional optional items)
- Diagnostics and fault finding
Skills and experience
- Satisfactory results of a watchmaking apprenticeship course or minimum 2 years’ of relevant industry experience would be highly beneficial but is not mandatory
- Dexterity to safely open and close case backs
- High attention to detail
- Good communication skills within team environment
- Experience within a service industry preferable
- Computer skills
- Passion for watches
Technicians and Watchmakers choose to align their career with The Swatch Group because we are innovative and just keep growing. We encourage our workshop to not only learn from each other but also to make use of the excellent training that we provide. Because our workshop repairs watches from all the brands across the company there is always something new to learn as new products are released every year.