Staff RFIC Test Engineer
EM Microelectronic is one of the most innovative semiconductor companies, developing and manufacturing the world's leading technology platforms across everything ultra-low power, from low-power wireless to RFID, MCUs, sensor interfaces and energy harvesting.
EM’s innovation and market leadership has been recognized through a number of industry awards, including the prestigious Frost & Sullivan "New product Innovation", the RFID Journal Live "Best product of the year award", and our BluetoothTM low-energy ICs are found in several products awarded at CES this year.
The Wireless and Sensing Business Unit specializes in development of state-of-the-art low power RF system-on-chips (SOCs). To strengthen our team, we are currently looking for an experienced Staff level RFIC Test Engineer to work with other team members at our headquarters in Marin/Switzerland on next generation RFICs used in consumer, industrial, medical, and automotive applications.
As a Staff RFIC Test Engineer with proven industrial experience, you will serve as RFIC test leader within a highly skilled team of IC, hardware and software design engineers. You are expected to define and promote state-of-the-art test concepts within the organization, including working with DFT experts. Your principal work will be RFIC test program development, characterization and qualification testing.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Define and execute state-of-the-art RFIC test method and strategy.
- Generation of full RFIC ATE test programs for evaluation and production
- Structured and organized approach to developing and verifying RFIC functions and specifications
- Technical interface with EM design teams (local and remote)
- Product engineering for assigned RFICs
- Interface with Quality, Design Services, Fab, Back-End
- Interface with external customers when needed
- At least 5 year experience in relevant field
- MS-level academic background
- Strong autonomy in his field, good communication skills, strong team player
- Ability to contribute to a multi-disciplinary team in a constructive and data-driven approach
- Used to work in multicultural, multi-site team environment
- Efficiency-focused and business-oriented personality, with high sense of ownership and follow-through
For this role the following profile is requested:
- Knowledgeable on publications and state-of-the-art test techniques for high volume consumer and industrial RFIC products
- Experience in all aspects of analog, digital, mixed signal, and RF IC test development, from test architecture definition to release to fabrication
- Experience in test hardware and software development and production Automated Test Equipment (ATE) functionality/operation.
- Hands-on experience with test equipment usage and programming such as logic analyzer, signal generators, oscilloscope, and spectrum analyzers
- Understanding of wireless systems (experience in Bluetooth is a plus)
- C (or C++) and Python programming skills for automating test systems
- Statistical and data analysis tools (e.g. JMP), and excellent reporting skills
Following would be a plus:
- Experience with Eagle ETS tester platforms
- Labview experience
- Prior experience in automotive IC product development
- English required, fluency in French highly useful
- Ability to communicate with clarity and precision when interacting with internal and external groups