Senior Linux System Administrator
The Linux System Administrator drives the evolution of the EDA infrastructures and services in close collaboration with the EDA support team and EM’s design teams located in CH, CZ and the US. He is responsible for the installation, management and support of EM Microelectronic’s Linux-based, semiconductor EDA environment.
Your main tasks and responsibilities :
- Ensures that EDA infrastructures and services meet the needs of EM’s design teams
- Collaboration in early planning of new projects as well as resourcing and scheduling
- Responsible for short and long-term project management tasks
- Administration of RHEL workstation fleet and EDA network
- Administration of EDA database servers, including storage provisioning, backup and archiving
- Administration of Linux/UNIX-based servers and services related to the EDA environment (e.g. license servers, ALMS, HPC cluster & terminal services)
- Administration/support for other Unix-based servers/services in the company (e.g. Manufacturing and R&D)
- Provide technical user support and troubleshoot issues related to CAD, EDA and ALM systems and resolve system problems. Work proactively to identify potential issues and implement preventative solutions
- Manage user access/security including reviewing license usage and needs to support all users (internal and external designers).
- Collaborate with Engineering, IT, Cybersecurity, Finance, Purchasing and Legal to derive the best value for products from hardware and tools suppliers.
- Maintain and update documentation related to EDA systems and procedures.
- Establish and maintain EDA policies, processes, and contribute to the development of best practices
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience
- Very good analytical and synthesis skills
- Excellent ability to prioritize actions and resistance to stress
- Strong interest in new technologies and high learning capacity.
- Team player and service-minded, good communication skills
- Calm, cheerful and clear in your contact with users
- Extensive use and experience with Linux/UNIX operating systems and fleet management
- Understanding of networks and systems – e.g. subnetting, routing, network infrastructure requirements as they relate to Linux systems administration
- In-depth knowledge of change and configuration management systems, issue tracking, and revision control systems (e.g. SVN, Git)
- Familiar with the needs of EDA users
- Experience with scripting/programming languages: i.e. tcsh, bash, C, Perl, Python
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- C2 in either French or English, min B2 in the other language.