Sports Affiliate Manager (Partnership)
Sports Affiliate Manager - Partnership (U.S.)
As a Sport Partnership Manager with Swatch Group, U.S., the position will be responsible for developing and implementing the brand’s PR and media strategy, building its reputation, image and ensuring effective media coverage. You are an expert who drives the marketing activation of our ambassador program. Your work supports the growth and evolution of the Sports Marketing department and offers solutions for cross-functional partners across the brands. You understand that relationships are fundamental to the success of the program and that you will be responsible for living the brand with key partners.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all U.S. sports partnerships (NBA, NBA Teams, Moto GP, World Superbike, UCI) including on-site activation, press conferences, brand ambassador management, new announcements, press events, media tours, contract negotiations and development and distribution of press materials.
- Logistics coordination with NBA appointed Agency, Swiss Timing and NBA
- Enhance ongoing relationship with the brand’s ambassadors.
- Coordinate press events, pitching new advertising creative, arranging media interviews and social media integration
- Manage the day-to-day relationships and activities with our external sports Agency in partnership with the NBA, including event activation, press releases, media relations, event calendar, media training, and crisis management
- Oversee the creation of media releases and content on various media channels, forge relationships with journalists and key influencers and manage the response to time- sensitive and critical situations.
- Coordinate day-to-day PR activity and events for the brand’s New York City boutique locations including local press tours and visits, brand ambassador appearances and maintain ongoing media relations for store accomplishments and updates
- Facilitate Press issue watch loans and returns.
- Research and stay informed on the sport and influencer landscape driving the implementation of new strategies and tactics to further innovate the program.
- Leverage insights to identify opportunities that drive business decisions around potential partnerships.
- Create presentations, reports, and information for multiple communication channels
- Attend meetings, events and networking opportunities on behalf of the brand
- Secure media placements with top lifestyle and trade press and lead strategy for long and short lead pitching efforts to ensure consistent media attention for Swiss Watches throughout the year; serve as point person for all the brand’s national press placements
- Manage the brand’s U.S. digital properties to grow the brand’s social presences through unique branded content used to drive visitation to the brand’s ecommerce site; platforms to include Facebook and Twitter, with potential for Instagram activation as well
- Develop free brand integration opportunities in top television/movie programming.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, and/or communication.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in sports, athlete, and/or influencer marketing.
- Ability to form strategic partnerships and build interpersonal relationships.
- A clear understanding of the importance of client service is required
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills; demonstrated ability to synthesize complex information and present it in a clear, concise and conversational manner
- Must have keen attention to detail
- Strong media contacts and relations with a record of success in securing national and top-tier media placements
- Proven experience of delivering results with impact
- Organized, responsible, and flexible in a fast-paced growth environment
- Experience reporting on analytics and delivering to KPIs.
- Able to work as part of a team and individual contributor.
- Possess excellent project management skills.
- Available to travel up to 25% (including weekends as needed).
The Swatch Group is an equal opportunity employer that promotes diversity and is committed to environmental sustainability.
- Excellent health, dental and vision insurance (employee and dependents are eligible 1st of the month following 30 days; generous employer contribution)
- Immediate participation in the 401(k) and 100% vested employer match after one year (maximum 4% employer match with 5% employee contribution)
- Company paid life insurance and Long Term Disability
- 5 weeks of PTO per year, 1 Month PTO after 5 years
- Special bucket of sick time per year extended paid time for medical, parental and military leave
- Holiday pay
- Voluntary FSA, STD, Accident/Hospital Indemnity insurance
- Employee product discount
For more information please see https://transparency-in-coverage.uhc.com/