Credit & Collections Specialist
The Swatch Group Ltd is an international group active in the manufacture and sale of finished watches, jewelry, watch movements and components. Swatch Group supplies nearly all components required for the watches sold by its 18 watch and jewelry brands as well as by its two retail brands, Tourbillon and Hour Passion. The Group’s production companies also supply movements and components to third-party watchmakers.
The Swatch Group Ltd was founded in 1983, by Nicolas G. Hayek. It grew out of the merger of two big Swiss watch groups, ASUAG and SSIH. The Group has since shown steady growth in key financials, leading to records.
Swatch Group US is looking for an experienced Accounts Receivable/Credit Representative to join our Corporate Finance team for a temporary role. Prior Accounts Receivable experience is required.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, energetic, detail-oriented, assertive, and efficient. They would be able to work in a team environment, think creatively and perform with enthusiasm.
- Daily review of customer orders on hold for releasing within authority limits and when required obtaining appropriate approvals and retention of documents as per internal control compliance.
- Daily collection efforts performed to obtain payments for all past due and upcoming balances outstanding for assigned territories.
- Ensure all payments not received with invoice reference detail is obtained within 48 hours’ maximum
- Monthly customer A/R reconciliations are performed including action plans for resolution and reviewed by Credit Manager.
- Maintain current A/R and deduction percentages within established parameters.
- Works closely with brands and retailers to find solutions to their credit needs.
- Prevent minimum bad debt losses to the organization.
- Resolve customer chargebacks and any deductions within 30 days or next closing.
- Processing any credit card transactions for customer payments and provides all receipts to the credit administrator.
- Prepare and send customer statements or any requested information timely.
- Ensure customer master data profiles are updated with most recent data and if any changes or request are made by customer to timely submit to credit administrator.
- Maintain all collection efforts performed are recorded within SAP transaction FD32 and any important customer documents received are filed within customer records maintained by credit administrator.
- Preparation of customer account offsets and any required adjustment within same period prior month end closing.
- Provide assistance, perform additional assignments or request made by Credit Manager or senior management
Must have a High School Diploma; an Associate Degree in Accounting/Finance preferred
Must have at least 2-3 years of finance/credit experience in the areas of accounts receivables, chargebacks, collections, and reconciliations.
Intermediate Excel skills is a must
Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and SAP
Must possess strong interpersonal, analytical, and communication skills
Must be organized and able to multi task with good follow up skills.
Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment during peak seasons
Must have knowledge of basic credit application process
Must have basic accounts receivable and credit functions knowledge
Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision.
The Swatch Group is an equal opportunity employer that promotes diversity and is committed to environmental sustainability.
- Excellent health, dental and vision insurance (employee and dependents are eligible 1st of the month following 30 days; generous employer contribution)
- Immediate participation in the 401(k) and 100% vested employer match after one year (maximum 4% employer match with 5% employee contribution)
- Company paid life insurance and Long Term Disability
- 3.5 weeks of PTO per year, 1 Month PTO after 5 years
- Special bucket of sick time per year extended paid time for medical, parental and military leave
- Holiday pay
- Voluntary FSA, STD, Accident/Hospital Indemnity insurance
- Employee product discount
For more information please see https://transparency-in-coverage.uhc.com/