Regional Sales Manager
Regional Sales Manager,
The Swatch Group (U.S.) is looking for a Regional Sales Manager who will be responsible for managing existing accounts within region to achieve planned sales budget and overall company annual sales projection for the Company brand. We are seeking a motivated individual with the ability to build excellent retailer relationships. This position will be responsible for the West Coast territory. The person will need experience with the wholesale selling, independents and retail.
This will be a field position which will require travel within your assigned region.
- Develop the distribution channel in accordance with brand strategy
- Manage the territory in an effective manner including selling activities, stock management, merchandising, account servicing and coop marketing activities
- Develop an annual business plan for the assigned territory in conjunction with Brand manager to support opportunity mapping, company sales goals, strategies and forecasts
- Understand the target market/consumer and successfully influences decision-makers to maximize sales potential
- Develop a complete understanding of products and solutions
- Provide solutions to meet customers' needs
- Prospection and opening of new retailers
- Follow the sell-out and the quality of the company appearance by the national point of sales
- Maintain a ‘hands on’ presence at retail and wholesale location for training, ensure proper installation and report lessons learned to improve future growth efforts
- Remain attuned to market trends and competitor activity
- Gain complete information for all quotation requisitions including application, specification, pricing and timing requirements
- Participate in workgroup meetings and strive for continuous work improvement
- Track and report expenses and other relevant data as appropriate or as requested
- Training is also part of the job and presence at sport and promotional events
- Explore, develop and implement changes to increase in-store visibility and sell-through (including training and case space negotiation)
- Propose promotional events in conjunction with management
- Communicate regularly with Brand Manager on status of accounts
- Complete forecasts, sales analysis and other relevant reports
- All other duties assigned by Management
- Must have a High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Must have at least 5+ years of wholesale selling experience in a jewelry or luxury watch organization (will consider candidates with experience from other industries).
- Self-motivated, results driven, professional sales person.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency with computer programs including Excel and Word.
- Ability to travel within assigned regional territory about 75% - 80% of the time
- Excellent selling and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; self-starter
- Fluency in English and other languages as required by locations in the dedicated
- Must have a valid driver’s license and full auto insurance coverage required and be able to operate an automobile for up to six hours at a time.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel & Powerpoint)
- Attention to detail in maintaining required records and reports.
- Must be organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality
- Must be able to adhere to deadlines and response to inquiries within a require time frame
- Must be able to sustain level of professionalism; friendly demeanor;
- The ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff
- Ability to multi-task and handle changing priorities
- Ability to deal with conflict and able to influence across functional lines
- Willing to travel overnight as required by the position and territory; must be able to travel via airplane.
The Swatch Group is an equal opportunity employer that promotes diversity and is committed to environmental sustainability.
- Excellent health, dental and vision insurance (employee and dependents are eligible 1st of the month following 30 days; generous employer contribution)
- Immediate participation in the 401(k) and 100% vested employer match after one year (maximum 4% employer match with 5% employee contribution)
- Company paid life insurance and Long Term Disability
- 18 days of PTO per year, 1 Month PTO after 5 years
- Special bucket of sick time per year extended paid time for medical, parental and military leave
- Holiday pay
- Voluntary FSA, STD, Accident/Hospital Indemnity insurance
- Employee product discount
For more information please see https://transparency-in-coverage.uhc.com/
Base Salary Range: $80K - 105K