Cover both US and the Caribbean business groups but not limited to:
- Ensure New Customer Credit Package includes all required approvals with dates and all forms are completed fully prior to submitting to the Credit Manager for additional approval.
- Maintain the customer account status Excel log worksheets.
- Creation of all new accounts receivable customers within SAP including any customer profile changes with prior approval and as per established requirements. This includes ship to creations.
- Update customer master files within SAP as requested.
- Requests of all bank and trade references for new potential customers and activate when required especially for credit limit revisions. This includes the generation of the JBT & D&B reports.
- Prepare and send any internal and external customer notifications electronically and by certified and/or regular mail when needed.
- Retention and filing of all customer A/R files and pertinent documentation within an organized manner and within company policies.
- Receive and consolidate all brand Coop. Excel files and send them to the Marketing Controller for the processing of these credit notes during the third week of each month.
- Process and issue all other customer credit memos within SAP to ensure deductions can be cleared by the Credit Representatives before each month end.
- Sends to Brand Managers and credit representative’s copies of credit notes when issued.
- Processing the credit card transactions for customer payments and provides all receipts to the cash applicator.
- Receives any physically checks at office, maintains a log and sends them to the lockbox address.
- Inputs the monthly data within the intranet management “Reporting Tool Reports” provided by the Credit Manager the first week of each month.
- Inputs customer additions for the monthly preparation of the A/R Overdue Report when required & requested by the Credit Manager using the established forms and sends to HQ’s by email.
- Provide assistance and support to the Credit Manager and Representatives when required.
- Document returned mail on account file, research, and notify Credit Analyst.
- Prepare and send accounts to third party collections
- Manage account resale certificates and assist in tax audit.
- Provides back up for both positions Credit Representative and cash applicator.
- 1-3 years of credit and collections experience is required
- Familiar with Major Market retailers such as Federated, Saks, Neiman Marcus as well as small chain store and independent jewelers.
- Respond to customers’ requests; seek approval from Director if needed.
- Develop and build good relationships with our high-end customers and sales force.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and communication skills
- Intermediate Excel skills is a must
- Knowledge of EDI transactions and SAP is a plus.
- Organized and able to multi task with good follow up skills.
- Driven and positive attitude.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment during peak seasons
- Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision.
Additional Skill Requirements:
- Must be self-motivated and a self-starter; quick learner for a multifaceted business and companion domestic and international staff;
- Must possess strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with multi-tasking abilities in a fast-paced corporate environment;
- Arrive early and work late if necessary
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures
- Accept constructive feedback
- Must be a team player