Field Application Engineer (US Development Team)
Integral member of EMUS Sales team to discover new sales opportunities and provide technical application support for all of EM’s products with a primary focus on BLE applications. He / She will be responsible for designing EM’s products into Customers’ applications, providing excellent technical support, thus accelerating the closure of key opportunities, increasing likelihood of design wins and revenue growth objectives for North America.
- Provide customers with product application & design support, detailed product information, design tools, demo & evaluation HW/SW support, application notes, and product seminars.
- Work with the customers’ key technical decision makers to get EM’s products designed into customers’ projects.
- Gain thorough knowledge & understanding of the customers’ applications and product architecture and assist their development team to secure successful design-in of EM products.
- Champion the customer needs and collaborate with the BU’s technical / applications engineers to develop competitive and creative technical solutions.
- Work closely with US Regional Sales Managers to help penetrate major customers, and gain new entry into new ones.
- Understand the competitive landscape and continuously work on differentiating EM’s solutions.
- Manage multiple projects and follow up on various tasks to ensure timely support and execution.
- Ensure clear and accurate external and internal reporting and communication.
- Minimum of 35% travel to customer sites or parent company required.
- BSEE from established university; MSEE or advanced course work preferred.
- Self-motivated team player with professional attitude, strong work ethic, and strong interpersonal skills who can work effectively, over multiple time zones and businesses in the US and Europe.
- Effective presenter and communicator, good listener with the ability to ask questions, and record accurate meeting notes.
- Ability to prioritize, multi task, and to work with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Timely with external and internal responses, assigned action item follow-up and project.
Candidates must be US citizens or valid green card holder !
A succesful candidate has at least 2 years or plus experience in the following areas:
- Embedded systems design, OEM solutions architecture, troubleshooting and debugging.
- Real-time embedded software development in C, including low power SW implementation.
- Technical writing including application notes and user instructions.
Experience in the following areas are considered as a plus:
- Wireless products, protocols, and support.
- Knowledge of Bluetooth Low Energy, RFID, or mixed signal ASIC designs
- PC application development and scripting languages such as Python
- PCB layout
- Any additional language (especially french or german) would be desirable