Omega Luxury Training Manager - NW Region
OMEGA is a company of the Swatch Group, the world’s leading watch manufacturer. Since 1848, the brand has been synonymous with excellence, innovation, design and precision. Thanks to its pioneering spirit, OMEGA was the first watch worn on the moon, and it has enjoyed many other accomplishments and explorations in the ocean and in space. Its women’s watches have been amongst the most admired and ingenious in the industry and, most recently, OMEGA’s reputation has been enhanced by its achievements in anti-magnetic watchmaking and its Master Chronometer certified watches, the industry’s highest standard for precision and performance. OMEGA has been the Official Timekeeper of 27 Olympic Games since 1932 and is also a leading name in golf, swimming, athletics, bobsleigh and sailing. Partnerships with social causes include Orbis International and its Flying Eye Hospital, as well as the GoodPlanet Foundation. Today, OMEGA's family of brand ambassadors includes James Bond, George Clooney, Nicole Kidman, Eddie Redmayne, Daniel Craig, Cindy Crawford, Michael Phelps, Rory McIlroy, Sergio Garcia, Buzz Aldrin and many more.
The Training Manager will be responsible for facilitating and executing various projects and activities of the Training department. This position will include planning, organizing and conducting training seminars; R&D of new training material, update of existing curriculum, store and personnel audits. This job reports to the National Training Manager.
The candidate must possess extensive training experience within the luxury retail industry. This person should also work well in a team environment and possess strong communication skills as they will be in constant contact with vendors, training candidates and corporate management.
This position will be a field position.
- Create new training material and update existing curriculum according to market needs
- Work with NT/DM/RSM/GM to research & develop new learning methods and tools that can improve efficiency and profitability of the sales force and their stores
- Develop, propose and manage annual training schedule.
- Complete and archive in a timely matter store training reports
- Conduct training seminars according to the yearly education calendar
- Organize monthly regional training calls with BTQ trainers/ASM/GM/RSM to answer any questions and announce new material, events or procedures
- Maintain the brand retail metrics and mystery shopping results at corporate target levels
- Coach low performing candidates to increase : confidence, understanding of Omega Brand values, personal retail metrics and mystery shopping results
- Manage & coordinate logistics for all training activities with Training Event Specialist
- Manage & update, in a timely manner, the Interactive employee training data base system.
- Motivate sales teams to exceed sales goals and generate new business through efficient CRM management
- Analyze mystery shopping data and implement, if needed, corrective action plans
- Organize and maintain the Omega Training department Electronic archives
- Evaluate stores and their personnel by the organization of regular audits and tests.
- Develop close relationships with Training event Specialist, GM's, DM's, RSM's and their respective retailers to increase operational efficiency and brand loyalty
- Support Regional Sales Managers with training tools and product knowledge for successful and meaningful interactions at their POS.
- Assist and participate in Brand hospitality events
- Manage travel within SGUS travel and expense guidelines.
- Ability to travel up to 70%
- 3+ years of luxury retail training experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong retail analytical skills
- Experience in working closely with senior level executives.
- Understanding of Retail environment.
- Ability to perform well in a team environment and manage multiple deadline-driven projects.
- Must be solution-oriented with excellent time management and organizational skills and able to multitask.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Office (Word, PowerPoint, Photoshop and Excel) as well as flexibility with similar alternative programs.
- Ability to process a vast amount of information and prioritize competing business needs.
- Strong personal work ethic.
- Flexible personality and quick learner who operates with a sense of urgency.
- Customer Service oriented