The birth of Swatch began in 1983 with the innovation and revolution of the Swiss Watch market by creating a watch that was affordable, accessible and an expression of who you are from the flick of the wrist, the innovative and exciting new Swatch sparked the remarkable recovery of the Swiss watch industry. Collaborating with artists, using new innovative materials, staying up to date with fashion trends and investing in extreme sports events.This momentum continues on today at Swatch by attracting talented individuals who live and breathe the brand, celebrate in progression and development and delight our customer’s every day.
Ensure that the annual marketing spend is in-line with Budget/Forecast and that internal control procedures are being followed.
Co-ordinate all product launch activity to maximise the impact across all trade channels.
Effective management of agency personnel to ensure brand message / objectives are clearly present in all work undertaken.
Efficient and professional management of the Marketing function including line management responsibility for the Marketing Assistant and sound cross-functional and brand communication (internal / external).
Ensure the collectors and loyal fans of Swatch are kept well informed and motivated via specific events and activity throughout the year.
This is a broad role that requires strong general marketing skills. It is imperative that candidates are able to demonstrate energy and enthusiasm, combined with reliability and self-discipline. An affinity with international consumer brands is important as is the ability to build relationships across channels, disciplines and markets.
• Ideally candidates will possess marketing/advertising qualifications alongside demonstration of practical experience in completing high level marketing.
• Have experience in a supervisory/managerial role or demonstrate the necessary qualities.
• Good presentation and excellent organisation is a must.
• You should have a flexible approach to work and be willing on occasion to stay away from home and make some international trips.
• A strong commercial awareness would be an advantage.
• Candidates should also possess the desire, ability and willingness to take on new and additional responsibility if the role develops beyond its existing parameters.