As an Accountant with Swatch Group, U.S., the position will be responsible for ensuring that all account maintenance, transaction processing, and reporting related to general accounting are provided in a timely and accurate manner and in compliance with policies, and guidelines. This role will also be responsible for certain aspects of the month-end, quarter-end and year-end close processes including preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, ensuring accurate recognition and reporting of accounts, ensuring compliance with GAAP, may provide information or respond to internal and external requests.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the full accounting cycle for multiple retail, ecommerce, and wholesale profit centers.
- Performs month-end general ledger account reconciliations and reviews to ensure accurate monthly recognition and reporting of accruals and associated expenses.
- Prepares analysis and journal entries for multiple profit centers.
- Assist with monthly preparation of financial reports and financial statements
- Act as a resource during the annual audit by providing supporting documentation as requested.
- Maintain accounting controls by reviewing, preparing and recommending policies and procedures
- Prepares monthly P&L and Balance Sheet summaries, analyses, and roll-forwards on a monthly basis for assigned business accounts.
- Researches and responds to inquiries from internal team members, management and related parties.
- Maintains integrity of data in accounts and functional areas of responsibility.
- Works on process improvement projects as may be assigned.
- Perform special projects, as required, to assist the department and the company in achieving its goals and objectives.
- All other duties assigned by Management
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required;
- Minimum 3 -5 years of experience in an public or corporate accounting role required
- Must be proficiency with the financial system SAP
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong mathematical skills required.
- Must be organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality
- Must possess strong analytical skills;
- Must have a working knowledge of GAAP principles.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong learning ability and problem solving skills
- Intermediate or advanced Excel skills including pivot tables, VLOOKUP and high level functions
- Strong time management skills and ability to be both effective and efficient in work
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the Accountant to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.