Sales and Operations Support
Renata SA, a subsidiary of Swatch Group Ltd in Biel, was founded in 1952 as a manufacturer of components for mechanical watches. Within only a few years, the company became a leading manufacturer and supplier of coin cells for watches and many electronic product areas (medical technology, RFID, radio control, metering, and many more). In close cooperation with our customers, we develop and produce innovative, reasonably priced, environmentally friendly and high-quality solutions for wristwatches and industrial applications.
As a Sales and Operations Support with Swatch Group, U.S., the position will responsible for supporting the sales team and customer services team with the order process including, but not limited to, order fulfillment and follow through, maintaining customer relationships, responding to business inquiries, management of the customer files and order inquiries, and assisting on any special projects from management team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage order fulfillment, purchasing, product pricing, inventory availability and general inquiries.
- Provide 1st level support on technical questions regarding the product
- Communicate with Switzerland and Asia for the shipment arrangement
- Responsible for handling logistic complaint (complaints from customers & suppliers)
- Partner with distribution and shipping team in New Jersey on the transportation of the product
- Assist in optimizing the order handling process for the operations team
- Monitor the quotation and update CEM list
- Coordinate quality complaints between Customer and HQ Switzerland and suppliers
- Keep track of complaint status on a frequently bases and on demand each month
- Ad-hoc document that need coordination with HQ – REACH, RoHS/Batteries Directive, other environmental enquiry.
- Assist in completing the vendor forms
- Assist KAM Project tracking; keep track of new projects that quoted monthly on CEM customer
- Create monthly reports and data analysis for the OP team according to sales manager demands
- Product EOL management support; communicate with production together with KAM
- Coordinating with customers for PCN and administration (samples request, QA reports, transportation, update record in QM folder)
- Analyze the sales and provide a projections for the future sales (Sunway, Renata)
- Monthly provide an update/report on the forecast sales versus the stock control list
- Monitor open order list of suppliers
- Update safety stock in SAP quarterly & monitor FP stock replenishment
- Preparing and calculating new pricelist and updates in the SAP system
- Request quotes from suppliers and update quotes in the SAP system
- Assist with additional tasks/projects as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Must have a Bachelor Degree in Business or a similar field
- 3-5 years in operations, customer service and sales in a similar position is required
- Must have previous experience with batteries and electronic components
- Good knowledge and experience in customer service and shipping arrangement
- Good command of English in writing, speaking & reading.
- Good skills in office software. Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, & Word) & SAP
- Familiar with import / export procedure
- Good presentation and communication skill with customers, team and suppliers
- Make timely decisions within the empowerment given
- Able to think, plan and implement strategically
- Experience in the battery industry preferred
- Must be organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality
- The ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff
- Ability to multi-task and handle changing priorities
- Able to work well with minimal supervision; self-starter
- Ability to deal with conflict and able to influence across functional lines