Visual Merchandiser & Trainer
As a Visual Merchandiser & Trainer with Swatch Group, U.S., the position will be responsible to support the watch sales within our retail and wholesale account through visual merchandising and training. This role will oversee the visual representation of our brand and products in all boutiques (retail and wholesale) within assigned Central region. Visual Merchandiser & Trainer will also be responsible for maintaining training initiatives that will increase brand and product knowledge. Tasks include the planning, organization, coordination, training and implementation of all Visual Merchandising measures that have been developed by the Brands.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring that store merchandise presentations meet Company standards and are in accordance with Company guidelines.
- Preparation of all communication materials as per visual displays in accordance to brand’s guidelines.
- Training of store managers on current visual standards.
- Contribute to achieving sales volume goals by ensuring effective presentations and maintenance of all product categories, making sure that all stores are set up correctly during promotions and regular business.
- Manage directly with vendor and place and follow up on all visual orders to ensure that all visual needs are implemented on time.
- Coordinate with visibility internal on centralized mailing of visual materials to trade and ensure the stores place them.
- Partner with management in planning and executing functional training, leadership development, product and sales training and other needed training strategies.
- Provide comprehensive communication and training programs to stores
- Look for any visual opportunities within or outside the stores and come up with great window decoration ideas.
- Identify possible business opportunities, keeping abreast of regional business trends by reading and understanding business reports
- Create and maintain photo library of boutique conditions prior to and after a visit
- Provide a recap report of the store visits
- Realize first-in-class set up and decoration of the Brands sponsored events, mono- and multi-brand related events, in order to maximize the Brand ’s visual impact according to brand guidelines.
- All duties assigned by Management
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED required
- College degree preferred.
- 2-3 years of retail visual merchandising experience in specialty goods, jewelry, watches and related a plus.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Must be motivated and a self-starter.
- Ability to foster relationships and maintain connections
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, fluid environment and be able to prioritize multiple responsibilities, projects
- Able to work weekends as needed; Travel up to 80%.
Additional Skill Requirements:
- Able to organize and execute presentations
- Must be a confident communicator and presenter
- Must be self-motivated and a self-starter; quick learner for a multifaceted business and companion domestic and international staff;
- Must possess strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with multi-tasking abilities in a fast-paced corporate environment;
- Understand and follow work rules and procedures
- Must be a team player