Embedded SW Engineer Prague
EM Microelectronic is one of the most innovative IC providers. It developed and manufactured the smallest and the lowest power consuming Bluetooth chip on the market, the top performing optical sensors for optical office as well as gaming mice and it was the first to release the award-winning world-first dual-frequency NFC + RAIN RFID em|echo.
ASICentrum, located in Prague and Brno, Czech Republic, is a design center of EM Microelectronic and a competence center of ETA.
Are you experienced embedded software developer with ambition to participate on state-of-the-art designs? Are you ready for challenges of ultra-low power, low voltage integrated circuits for battery-operated and field-powered applications?
If so, our company would like to offer you the opportunity to be part of our development team and to work on the true ultra-low power designs.
You will be asked to carry embedded SW development and support tasks in the team working with company’s System-on-Chip in Prague, the Czech Republic. This includes the design, testing, and maintenance of embedded firmware as well as customer support. Working as part of a team of R&D engineers, your main responsibilities will be:
- develop high-quality and power-efficient embedded SW in C language. This includes hardware abstraction layer, low-level drivers, protocol SW and interface layers, applicative layers
- provide support to customers in close relation with the company’s FAE team, and deliver specific SW support material such as SW examples, app notes, white papers
- follow the software development workflow and contribute to its continuous improvement
- plan, implement and apply software testing (unit, component, integration) according to required quality level
- closely cooperate with other parts of the company – HW teams, qualification, manufacturing
We have following requirements for this position:
- embedded SW development, testing and debugging on resource limited platforms
- embedded SW partitioning and optimization (power, speed, size) for execution on SoCs
- C, C++ and assembler languages, Python scripting
- experience with 8-bit to 32-bit cores, MCU tools and development environments
- industrial communication software protocols like UART, I2C, SPI....
- Master's in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- experience in the design of embedded SW, ideally low power application.
Having know-how or experience in the following areas is considered as a very valuable plus:
- SW development process including build environment and versioning systems (SVN, Git)
- RTOS, event processing framework and bare metal development
- understanding of digital and analog electronics, basic electronics debugging/troubleshooting
- knowledge of Bluetooth Low Energy
- HW/SW integration aspects, HDL (e.g. Verilog, VHDL)
- SW project management, SW quality methodologies
Other mandatory requirements are:
- communication and reporting skills in English, for reporting internally and externally
- analytic mindset, positive attitude for owning problems and finding creative solutions
- team player and team driver, cooperating proactively with multidisciplinary teams/partners
- willingness to travel regularly to other R&D sites in Switzerland and USA
- competitive salary including benefits
- flexible working hours
- a role in a dynamic and multi-cultural team where everyone can make a difference
- access to the state-of-the-art and innovative IC design methodology and tools
- the opportunity to bring your experience and ideas to the table
- team atmosphere
- technical and soft-skill trainings
- international work environment with teams in Switzerland and US
- traveling opportunities
English is necessary, Czech could be a plus