Watchmaker / Watch Technician
Swatch Group is an international group active in the design, manufacture and sale of finished watches, jewelry, watch movements and components.
Swatch Group supplies nearly all components required by its 18 watch brands, and Swatch Group companies supply movements and components to third-party watchmakers in Switzerland and around the world. Please be sure to visit our brands' websites to learn more about their fantastic products.
Swatch Group is also a key player in the manufacture and sale of electronic systems used in watchmaking and other industries.
- Assemble all case component, check and ensure waterproofness of the case
- Full service on movements: movement dismantling, replacement/ fixing of broken parts, cleaning, reassemble, rate check and adjustment
- Analyze and take decisions to define proper methodology to repair the movement.
- Use or develop adequate tools or processes to correct issues that can arise during the repair process
- Work in coordination with the rest of the team to ensure smooth operations (maintain equipment and tools, order consumables)
- Ensure all required services for the customer have been carried and the watch is ready to wear
Watchmaker / Watch Technician who, within a dynamic and growing team, will be responsible for the watch repairing process from servicing the movement to preparing/assemble the case and encase the movement.
The Watchmaker / Watch Technician will report to the Workshop Supervisorand will primarily focus on Swatch Group Brands.
The Watchmaker / Watch Technician must have the skills and experience necessary to service all types of watches from basic mechanical and quartz movements and also chronographs.
- For partial repair, watchmaking apprenticeship or Basic Certificate in Watch Repair TAFE course.
- For complete repair, completion of a watchmaking apprenticeship with satisfactory results.
- For specialist repair, specialist knowledge of complicated movements or completion with satisfactory results of a post-apprenticeship course, such as WOSTEP (Watchmakers of Switzerland Training and Education Programme).
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- Drive for excellence
- Customer Service focus
- Ability to cope under pressure in a busy environment
- Enthusiastic and self – motivated
Human Resources Manager