SAP Basis Administrator
The SAP Basis Administrator is responsible for the management of the SAP environment including configuring, monitoring, tuning and troubleshooting the SAP technical environment on an ongoing basis including the SAP transport management system. This individual needs to collaborate to resolve SAP transport, source code problems as well as schedule, monitor and manage background jobs.
Key Duties Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Implement and maintain the multiple SAP instances that comprise the SAP environment (development, test, training and production).
- Maintain the integrity of the SAP environment by managing the SAP Transport Management System (TMS) to ensure all configuration and development objects are properly transported.
- Introduce technical changes into the environment using a structured approach that minimizes risk and achieves high reliability, availability and performance of each SAP instance.
- Design and implement an optimal SAP configuration to maximize system performance and availability.
- Manage SAP users, authorizations, and profiles.
- Manage the SAP background job workload.
- Configure and manage the SAP printing subsystem for all SAP instances.
- Maintain SAP performance by planning and executing SAP tuning strategies.
- Monitor all SAP systems (work processes, users, system logs, short dumps, locks, developer traces, system traces, disk space, etc.).
- Administer the SAP database with Database Administrator (plan and perform database upgrades, apply database maintenance, design and maintain physical database layout, perform database reorganizations, design and implement backup and restore strategy, maintain database security, administer database performance, manage database storage, database problem determination and resolution, etc.).
- Perform SAP client administration (create client, copy client, delete client, export/import client) as required.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of SAP system upgrades.
- Apply and migrate SAP maintenance (hot packages and kernel upgrades) through all systems using a structured methodology.
- Develop and maintain system documentation for all SAP instances and interfaces.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information science, management information systems or business administration.
- Three to five years related work experience.
- SAP version of ECC 6.0 or higher; SAP S/4HANA experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of SAP Solution Manager.
- Experience in full life-cycle implementations.
- Knowledge of DB2 database administration.
- Knowledge of NetBack-up and/or Commvault is a plus.
- Experience in VM environment.
- Demonstrated experience in developing technical options and recommendations.
- High level of proficiency and understanding of information technology and the linkage between business processes, people and systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment, collaborate with various people and organizations in an effort to develop win/win results.
- Excellent communications skills – both verbal and written.
- Desired candidate must have excellent analytical competencies.