Project Leader: Recycling and Raw Materials (m/w)
The Belenos Clean Power Holding AG, a spin-off of the Swatch Group AG seeking for an optimal use of energy, in particular clean renewable energy sources.
- As a project leader you will be co-responsible for the development of a low carbon footprint recycling process for the next generation of lithium batteries as well as for the evaluation of product performance, safety, cost and carbon footprint
- You will contribute to the development of key materials within our R&D department
- You will evaluate the potential of emerging technologies and recycling process and work in conjunction with our academic partners and industrial suppliers.
- You will be responsible for the assessment of recycled materials into our battery production process
- You will be co-responsible to perform assessment of carbon footprint of the supply chain as well for the battery recycling process
- You will follow the industry trends and promote the circular economy battery market
- PhD or long and wide experience as scientist or engineer in hydrometallurgy, pyrometallurgy or chemistry
- Practical and theoretical knowledge on:
- Safe and high yield method for Li metal dissolution
- Design of experimental setup of involving hydro and pyrometallurgical steps - Metal speciation and recovery as high purity salt, oxide and with market value
- Knowledge and experience on metal ion separation methods like solvent extraction and ion exchange, common ion precipitation and crystallization. Knowledge on bioleaching and bio recovery systems is a plus.
- Advanced project management capabilities including ability to supervise employees and to work efficiently in a multitasking development environment
- You have a high degree of autonomy
- Ideally you have experience in process development, preferably in base metals recycling process and in special lithium batteries
- You have very good knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Good knowledge of French or German is an advantage
Head of HR