SAP Project Manager
The role of the SAP Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize the project according to the scope, timeline and budget. This includes managing resources and coordinating efforts of all team members in order to deliver projects according to project plan. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives, communicate status with the stakeholders and oversee the quality control throughout its life cycle.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Direct and manage complete life-cycle of the SAP Project including the planning, design, programming, testing, and implementation of business solutions designed to meet requirements of various departments in the company.
- Develop full-scale project plan and associated communication documents.
- Work with Business to develop and document process flows.
- Determine project needs and acquires resources required for the success of the project.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Ensures delivery of project objectives within prescribed timeframe and budget.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Draft and finalize BPP (Business Project Proposal) and CER (Capital Expenditure Request).
- Develop and deliver progress reports, requirement and other PMO methodology documentation.
- Prepare updates/status of all projects on a monthly basis to Senior Management.
- Facilitate status meetings with project stakeholders.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Manage resource capacity to align with on-going project initiatives and overall budgetary goals.
- Ensures training materials are completed for the rollout of new business processes.
- Ensures project document are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Responsible for overall coordination of user acceptance testing and training.
Degrees and experience
- College degree in the field of computer science, information science, management information systems, and/or business administration
- Minimum of five years related work experience preferably in the Distribution and/or Retail Merchandising Industry
- Experience in SAP program and project management
- SAP S/4 HANA experience is a plus
- At least one complete life cycle implementation
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- Proven experience in delivering IT process and change management
- Experience managing multiple, geographically dispersed vendors through all phases of the project life cycle
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Strong documentation skills and keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities
- Reacts to project adjustments and alteration promptly and efficiently
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Experience in a distribution, retail or consumer goods industries
- Excellent listening, written and oral communication skills
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong service orientation, highly self-motivated and directed
- Dependable, takes initiative and responsibility for own actions
- Ability to defuse tension among project team should it arise