Senior Staff Digital Design Engineer
Introduction de la société
EM Microelectronic is one of the most innovative semiconductor companies, developing and manufacturing the world's leading technology platforms across everything ultra-low power, from low-power wireless ICs, to RFID, MCUs, sensor interfaces and energy harvesting.
EM’s innovation and market leadership has been recognized through a number of industry awards, including the prestigious Frost & Sullivan "New product Innovation", the RFID Journal Live "Best product of the year award", and our BluetoothTM low-energy ICs are found in several products awarded at CES this year.
The Wireless and Sensing Business Unit specializes in development of state-of-the-art, low power, RF system-on-chips (SOCs). To strengthen our team, we are currently looking for an experienced Staff/Senior Staff Digital Design Engineer as a critical member of our team at our headquarters in Marin/Switzerland as well as working with remote design centers on next generation RF SOCs used in consumer, industrial, medical, and automotive applications.
Description du poste
- Lead a team of digital design and verification engineers to perform system analysis, specification, design, and verification of complex system-on-chips for standard and application specific integrated circuits
- Collaborate with cross-disciplinary stakeholders inside the company as well as with customers throughout the product development and life cycle
- Drive design, methodology and best practices with a direct effect on product performance and BU bottom line
- Product architecture and specification together with product management, systems, analog, and software teams
- Ultra-low power digital design implementation and methodology
- Digital design verification using UVM methodology
- Contribute to top-level verification to verify use case and test modes.
- Synthesis and physical implementation
- DFT strategy and implementation
- Continuous improvement initiatives
- Product qualification and industrialization together with product management, systems, analog, software, and test teams
- Subcontractors when relevant
- University degree in a relevant filed with strong background in embedded systems
- Minimum 10 years’ experience working in a similar function.
- Several years of digital design experience on System-On-Chip RF or mixed signal products
Eager to participate to all steps of product development, from definition, architecture and design to silicon validation and production ramp up
- State-of-the-art digital design expertise, from system level to architecture, RTL design to verification and delivery
- Deep SOC architecture knowledge, including CPU subsystems, bus protocols, HW/SW interaction, security concepts, and peripherals
- Ultra Low power design techniques & methodology
- Good knowledge of DFT architectures
- Robust knowledge of UVM digital verification, mixed signal and HW/SW verification methodologies
- Advanced physical design and implementation expertise (synthesis, P&R, STA), experience in analog modelling a plus.
- Strong understanding of wireless systems and communication protocols (experience in Bluetooth Low-Energy would be a plus)
- Leader in his field with excellent communication skills and team work, and a proven track record in taking a product from concept to successful production ramp-up
- Fluent in oral/written English is a must
- Other languages a plus