- Group net sales of CHF 8 243 million, -1.8% in comparison to the previous year at constant ex-change rates, or -2.7% at current rates.
- Operating result of CHF 1 023 million, -11.4% to the previous year. Operating margin amounted to 12.4% versus 13.6% in the previous year.
- Net income of CHF 748 million, -13.7% to the previous year, with a net margin of 9.1% versus 10.2% in the previous year.
- Operating cash flow increased by 30% to CHF 1 224 million.
- Excluding Hong Kong SAR, Group sales increased in the second half of 2019 by 5% at constant exchange rates and the operating result by 6% (in the Watches & Jewelry segment, excluding production, by even more than 20%).
- Growth in all markets except Hong Kong SAR.
- Dividend proposal: CHF 8.00 per bearer share and CHF 1.60 per registered share (unchanged from previous year).
- For 2020, further growth in local currency expected in all regions (except Hong Kong SAR).
Outlook for 2020
Group management expects healthy growth in 2020 in all markets in local currency, with the exception of Hong Kong SAR. The currency situation will remain challenging. A special highlight for the Group will be the Olympic Summer Games in Tokyo, where Omega can uniquely showcase itself in one of the largest luxury markets in the world.
Biel / Bienne (Switzerland), March 19, 2020 – The 2019 Annual Report of The Swatch Group Ltd is now available. Download here: Swatch Group – Annual Report 2019 In order to reduce the number of hard printed copies of our annual report, thereby contributing to preserving the environment, we encourage you to download the PDF version of the Swatch Group…
Biel/Bienne (Switzerland), December 18, 2019 - The Competition Commission (COMCO) wants to prohibit Swatch Group or its subsidiary ETA from supplying mechanical movements to third parties in 2020. COMCO has always obligated ETA to supply its customers with movements and now it intends to prohibit it from doing so for the whole of 2020. The provisional…
In August, no fewer than 166 new Swatch Group apprentices took part in the Jump In 2019 camp in Saignelégier. During these four days, they got to know the principles of apprenticeship; learned about the rights and obligations as well as the expectations of Swatch Group; and dealt with topics crucial for starting a professional career, including health,…