Swatch Group: Key Figures 2019
- Group net sales of CHF 8 243 million, -1.8% in comparison to the previous year at constant ex-change rates, or -2.7% at current rates.
- Operating result of CHF 1 023 million, -11.4% to the previous year. Operating margin amounted to 12.4% versus 13.6% in the previous year.
- Net income of CHF 748 million, -13.7% to the previous year, with a net margin of 9.1% versus 10.2% in the previous year.
- Operating cash flow increased by 30% to CHF 1 224 million.
- Excluding Hong Kong SAR, Group sales increased in the second half of 2019 by 5% at constant exchange rates and the operating result by 6% (in the Watches & Jewelry segment, excluding production, by even more than 20%).
- Growth in all markets except Hong Kong SAR.
- Dividend proposal: CHF 8.00 per bearer share and CHF 1.60 per registered share (unchanged from previous year).
- For 2020, further growth in local currency expected in all regions (except Hong Kong SAR).
Outlook for 2020
Group management expects healthy growth in 2020 in all markets in local currency, with the exception of Hong Kong SAR. The currency situation will remain challenging. A special highlight for the Group will be the Olympic Summer Games in Tokyo, where Omega can uniquely showcase itself in one of the largest luxury markets in the world.
Annual Report and Sustainability Report
The 2022 Annual Report of The Swatch Group Ltd is now available on our website. Download here: Swatch Group 2022 Annual Report Concurrently, Swatch Group is also publishing its 2022 Sustainability Report according to GRI standards. Download here: Swatch Group 2022 Sustainability Report
The Swatch Art Journey brings masterpieces to our wrists
People never forget the first time they stood in front of one of the world’s most famous artworks; that feeling of a new world opening and creative sparks flying. Exciting things happen when art and the world of Swatch collide, and from the get-go, Swatch has found fresh ways to bring more art to people’s lives. 2023 marks the next chapter of the…
In its today’s meeting, the Board of Directors of the Swatch Group decided to propose a dividend of CHF 6.00 per bearer share and CHF 1.20 per registered share at the Annual General Meeting on May 10, 2023 (previous year: CHF 5.50 per bearer share and CHF 1.10 per registered share).