- Group net sales of CHF 8 243 million, -1.8% in comparison to the previous year at constant ex-change rates, or -2.7% at current rates.
- Operating result of CHF 1 023 million, -11.4% to the previous year. Operating margin amounted to 12.4% versus 13.6% in the previous year.
- Net income of CHF 748 million, -13.7% to the previous year, with a net margin of 9.1% versus 10.2% in the previous year.
- Operating cash flow increased by 30% to CHF 1 224 million.
- Excluding Hong Kong SAR, Group sales increased in the second half of 2019 by 5% at constant exchange rates and the operating result by 6% (in the Watches & Jewelry segment, excluding production, by even more than 20%).
- Growth in all markets except Hong Kong SAR.
- Dividend proposal: CHF 8.00 per bearer share and CHF 1.60 per registered share (unchanged from previous year).
- For 2020, further growth in local currency expected in all regions (except Hong Kong SAR).
Outlook for 2020
Group management expects healthy growth in 2020 in all markets in local currency, with the exception of Hong Kong SAR. The currency situation will remain challenging. A special highlight for the Group will be the Olympic Summer Games in Tokyo, where Omega can uniquely showcase itself in one of the largest luxury markets in the world.
SWATCH GROUP: Half-Year Report 2020 After a strong January with an operating margin of 21.4% in the Watches & Jewelry segment (without Production) and 17.3% for the overall Group, massive decline due to state-ordered closings of at times up to 80% of distribution channels worldwide. Group net sales of CHF 2 197 million, -43.4% to the previous year at…
Swatch Group announces changes in the Executive Group Management Board and the Extended Group Management Board – Appointments to the management of the Longines, Rado, Union, Tissot, Certina, and Hamilton watch brands Swatch Group has announced changes to its Executive Group Management Board and its Extended Group Management Board as well as in the…
Swatch Group: Decisions taken by the Swatch Group shareholders at the Ordinary General Meeting of Thursday, May 14, 2020 Biel/Bienne (Switzerland), May 14, 2020 – Due to the classification of the COVID-19 situation by the Swiss Federal Council as an "extraordinary situation" under the Epidemics Act and the ban of all events in Switzerland, the Ordinary…