- Net sales of CHF 3 612 million, +7.4% to the previous year at constant exchange rates, or +6.5% at current rates, despite sales losses of approximately CHF 400 million due to closures of warehouses and many retail stores in April and May in China.
- The phenomenal success of the MoonSwatch for the Swatch brand as well as Omega underscores the strength of the Group’s verticalized production and the strategic importance of a presence in all price segments with strong brands.
- Operating profit of CHF 503 Mio, +25.1% to the previous year with CHF 402 million. Operating margin of 13.9% (previous year: 11.9%).
- Net income of CHF 320 million, +18.5% to the previous year with CHF 270 million.
Net margin of 8.9% (previous year: 8.0%).
- Operating cash flow of CHF 287 million (previous year: CHF 519 million).
Free cash flow1) of CHF 139 million (previous year: CHF 421 million).
- Net liquidity2) of CHF 2 397 million (previous year: CHF 1 975 million).
- Equity of CHF 11.7 billion (previous year: CHF 11.2 billion).
Equity ratio of 85.5% (previous year: 85.2%).
- Excellent prospects in all segments with anticipated double-digit sales growth in local currencies for the entire year.
Outlook for the second half of 2022
Group Management is convinced that the goal of double-digit sales growth in local currencies for the entire year 2022 defined at the beginning of the year remains realistic. Growth prospects for all price segments, from Swatch to the prestige brands, are extremely positive. Regionally, the strongest growth in the second half of the year 2022 is expected in America, Asia and Mainland China. The production companies, and particularly the Electronic Systems segment will also contribute to the positive development.
1) Cash flow from operating activities minus cash flow from investing activities (without financial assets and securities)
2) Cash and cash equivalents as well as financial assets, securities and derivative financial instruments minus current financial debts and derivative financial liabilities
ETA has received the Training Organisation of the Year award from the canton of Solothurn. We are delighted with this accolade and would like to congratulate the training managers and vocational trainers at ETA. They show great commitment and conviction as they train the apprentices and play a major role in creating the next generation of…
This content is not available in English. Please see the German version below or the French version. Wir gratulieren unseren Lernenden zur bestandenen Lehrabschlussprüfung! Die Firmen und Marken von Swatch Group Blancpain, Breguet, Certina, Comadur, Diantus, Dress Your Body, EM Microelectronic-Marin, ETA, Longines, Manufacture Ruedin, Meco, MOM…
The Ordinary General Meeting of Shareholders has been held in accordance with Article 12 ff of the Articles of Association and Article 27 of the Ordinance 3 on Measures to Combat the Coronavirus (COVID-19) on Tuesday May 24, 2022 at 10:00 a.m., in Biel/Bienne, Switzerland. At today's Ordinary General Meeting, the shareholders approved, by a large…