Swatch Group: Key Figures 2022
- Net sales of CHF 7 499 million, +4.6% to the previous year at constant exchange rates, or +2.5% at current rates.
- Sales growth of 25% in local currencies in all regions, with the exception of China, where Covid lockdowns resulted in sales shortfalls of over CHF 700 million.
- The MoonSwatch is a best seller, with over 1 000 000 watches sold. Ongoing high demand, including in January, in the approximately 180 stores which exclusively offer the MoonSwatch.
- Operating profit of CHF 1 158 million (previous year: CHF 1 021 million).
Operating margin of 15.4% (previous year: 14.0%).
- Net income of CHF 823 million (previous year: CHF 774 million).
Net margin of 11.0% (previous year: 10.6%).
- Operating cash flow of CHF 724 million (previous year: CHF 1 298 million); lower versus previous year, mainly due to precautionary increase in safety stock.
Free cash flow1) of CHF 342 million (previous year: CHF 1 033 million).
- High net liquidity2) of CHF 2 540 million (previous year: CHF 2 558 million).
- At its next meeting, the Board of Directors will decide on the dividend proposal to the Annual General Meeting.
- In view of the strong position of the Group brands in all segments worldwide and the robust numbers in January for Mainland China, the Group aims to achieve a record year in 2023.
Group Management anticipates strong sales growth in 2023 in all regions and segments. After the end of Covid measures, consumption quickly recovered, not only in China, but also in the surrounding markets of Hong Kong SAR and Macau. In addition, lifting of travel restrictions in China will revitalize sales in tourist destinations. The sales growth in January in China reinforces the Group's expectation to aim for a record year in 2023.
1) Cash flow from operating activities minus cash flow from investing activities (without financial assets and securities)
2) Cash and cash equivalents as well as financial assets, securities and derivative financial instruments minus current financial debts and derivative financial liabilities
Annual Report and Sustainability Report
The 2022 Annual Report of The Swatch Group Ltd is now available on our website. Download here: Swatch Group 2022 Annual Report Concurrently, Swatch Group is also publishing its 2022 Sustainability Report according to GRI standards. Download here: Swatch Group 2022 Sustainability Report
The Swatch Art Journey brings masterpieces to our wrists
People never forget the first time they stood in front of one of the world’s most famous artworks; that feeling of a new world opening and creative sparks flying. Exciting things happen when art and the world of Swatch collide, and from the get-go, Swatch has found fresh ways to bring more art to people’s lives. 2023 marks the next chapter of the…
In its today’s meeting, the Board of Directors of the Swatch Group decided to propose a dividend of CHF 6.00 per bearer share and CHF 1.20 per registered share at the Annual General Meeting on May 10, 2023 (previous year: CHF 5.50 per bearer share and CHF 1.10 per registered share).