- Net sales of CHF 4 019 million, +18.0% to the previous year at constant exchange rates (+11.3% at current rates), despite a massive negative currency impact of CHF -242 million.
- Net sales exceeded the previous record half-year 2018 by +8.5%, at constant exchange rates.
- Double-digit growth in all watch and jewelry price segments, with strongest growth in the lowest price level.
- Operating profit increased by +36.4% to CHF 686 million (previous year: CHF 503 million).
Operating margin of 17.1% (previous year: 13.9%).
- Net income increased by +55.6% to CHF 498 million (previous year: CHF 320 million).
Net margin of 12.4% (previous year: 8.9%).
- Operating cash flow of CHF 281 million (previous year: CHF 287 million).
- Net liquidity1) of CHF 2 099 million (previous year: CHF 2 397 million).
- Equity of CHF 12.1 billion (previous year: CHF 11.7 billion).
Equity ratio of 86.0% (previous year: 85.5%).
- Excellent prospects for the second half of 2023 in all markets and price segments.
Outlook for the second half of 2023
Group Management sees excellent growth opportunities in local currencies for the second half of 2023 in all regions and price segments. The Group brands will introduce many innovative products on the market, especially – but not only – in the lower and mid-range segments. The only cloud on the horizon remains the unfavorable currency environment.
1) Cash and cash equivalents as well as financial assets, securities and derivative financial instruments minus current financial debts and derivative financial liabilities
Swatch Group has just acquired a prestigious property on one of London's most luxurious thoroughfares. The building, located at 171 New Bond Street, has housed a salon for the Group’s international luxury brand Harry Winston since 2006. The transaction is worth around CHF 90 million. The building, constructed in 1856, has 562 m2 spread over five…
This content is not available in English. Please see the German version below or the French version. Wir gratulieren unseren Lernenden zur bestandenen Lehrabschlussprüfung! Die Firmen und Marken von Swatch Group Assemti, Blancpain, CHH Microtechnique, Comadur, Diantus Watch, Distico, Dress your body, EM Microelectronic-Marin, ETA, Glashütte…
The Ordinary General Meeting of Shareholders has been held virtually in accordance with article 12 ff. of the Articles of Association and Art. 701d para. 1 CO on Wednesday, May 10, 2023. The shareholders approved, by a large majority, all proposals submitted by the Board of Directors.